pgsql, java and accents

From: Fernando Lozano <fsl(at)centroin(dot)com(dot)br>
To: redhat-list(at)redhat(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql, java and accents
Date: 2002-01-30 19:31:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there!

Running Red Hat Linux 7.1 and PostgreSQl 7.1.3 installed fomr the PGDG
rpms availabe at postgresql.org. My Java apps (using IBM Java SDK 1.3.0)
works fone with the database, but all accented characters (á, ã ó, ç,
...) get garbaged.

From psql I can insert and see the acents but Java cannot insert or
read the accents. Is this a bug of the driver or something I can fix
with a simple configuration? I've alread read posggresql manual and
found nothing. :-(

[]s, Fernadno Lozano