Re: Declaring constants in PG/PLSQL

From: Mark Hesketh <renmark(at)iprimus(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, julesa(at)arbodienst-limburg(dot)nl
Subject: Re: Declaring constants in PG/PLSQL
Date: 2002-01-23 05:12:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

Oliver Elphick wrote:

>On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 14:37, Mark Hesketh wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>Can someone tell me if it's possible to globally scope my constants? How
>>do I declare them for reuse? Don't tell me I have to keep defining them
>>atop each function... :|
>>

>Why not create some functions that return your constants?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah, it's certainly not something I've seen much of even with PL/SQL.

I think I'll just declare them via functions - it keeps it cleaner that
way - less hassle. I should really define them externally,
perhaps a property file but, they're for internal use (return codes) so
that's a little overkill.

Mark