Re: Cant find libpq-fe.h

From: John Burski <johnb(at)911ep(dot)com>
To: Thomas Henningsen <thomas(dot)henningsen(at)mail(dot)tele(dot)dk>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cant find libpq-fe.h
Date: 2002-01-15 15:42:25
Lists: pgsql-novice

I've found that, on occasion, the pathnames given in a ".h" file that call
for the inclusion of another ".h" file can be wrong.

Here's what I do:

1. Make sure that the file that can't be found is actually installed on
your machine. If not, determine where it may be located - package,
rpm, Web, wherever - and install it. Make note of its location on
your machine.
2. Take a look at the contents of the ".h" file that is calling for it -
in your case it's the "Pg.h" file. Find the "#include" line that
corresponds to the file that it said it couldn't find. Is it
correct? That is, does it give a correct path, either absolute or
relative, to the file it couldn't find? If the line is incorrect,
edit the ".h" file so that the offending line represents the correct
path.
3. Run "make" again.

Hope this helps.

Thomas Henningsen wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> When I am trying to install DBD-Pg-1.01 I receive an error. When I am
> going to "make" the following messages appears on my screen:
>
> In file included from Pg.xs:13:
> Pg.h:17:22: libpq-fe.h: No such file or ....
>
> Nor am I able to find the file on my computer.
>
> I am using Red Hat 7.2
>
> Looking forward to hear from you.
>
> Thomas Henningsen

John Burski