Re: PostgreSQL GUI

From: Tommi Mäkitalo <t(dot)maekitalo(at)epgmbh(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL GUI
Date: 2002-01-03 21:50:04
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-general

Hi,

it looks like we will get a new home. But I still need a name for our
child. I don't want to register before I have a good name!

It is called qpsql now, but I feel that psql is primaryly a querytool,
but my GUI will be a querytool too but a admintool in first place. So
the name qpsql isn't exactly what I want.

What do you think about "pgkonqueror" or "pgscape" or "pgzilla"? Any
other suggestions? I'm not a native english speaker, so I have
difficulties to create a good english name. I think there are few people
who would be lucky, if I choose a finnish (PgHallitusohjelma?) or german
(PgAdministrationswerkzeug) name. So be warned;-)

Tommi