Re: 7.2 is slow? [compile problem]

From: Ashley Cambrell <ash(at)freaky-namuh(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.2 is slow? [compile problem]
Date: 2001-12-20 00:51:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I haven't actually tried to compile 7.2 from the CVS, but there seems to
be a problem? [maybe on my side]

make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/ash/ash-server/Work/build/pgsql/src/backend/utils'
gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
-Wl,-rpath,/tmp//lib -export-dynamic access/SUBSYS.o bootstrap/SUBSYS.o
catalog/SUBSYS.o parser/SUBSYS.o commands/SUBSYS.o executor/SUBSYS.o
lib/SUBSYS.o libpq/SUBSYS.o main/SUBSYS.o nodes/SUBSYS.o
optimizer/SUBSYS.o port/SUBSYS.o postmaster/SUBSYS.o regex/SUBSYS.o
rewrite/SUBSYS.o storage/SUBSYS.o tcop/SUBSYS.o utils/SUBSYS.o -lz
-lcrypt -lresolv -lnsl -ldl -lm -lreadline -o postgres
nodes/SUBSYS.o: In function `pprint':
nodes/SUBSYS.o(.text+0xdc95): undefined reference to `MIN'
nodes/SUBSYS.o(.text+0xdcfd): undefined reference to `MIN'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [postgres] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/ash/ash-server/Work/build/pgsql/src/backend'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ash/ash-server/Work/build/pgsql/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

In ./src/backend/nodes/print.c:

/* outdent */
if (indentLev > 0)
{
indentLev--;
indentDist = MIN(indentLev * INDENTSTOP, MAXINDENT);
}

If I add
#ifndef MIN
#define MIN(a,b) (((a)<(b)) ? (a) : (b))
#endif
to print.c it compiles fine.

Ashley Cambrell

<snip>