Re: Second call for platform testing

From: Joe Conway <joseph(dot)conway(at)home(dot)com>
To: lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org
Subject: Re: Second call for platform testing
Date: 2001-11-29 20:07:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart wrote:

>>Are you still looking for HPUX 11.0+ ? I can arrange for access to one
>>if we still need it (gcc though, I don't have access to HP's compiler).
>>

> Yes, that would be great. 10.20 is pretty old afaik...
>
> - Thomas

I ran into a problem on HPUX 11 right off with:

===============================
configure --enable-debug
.
.
.
checking for struct sockaddr_un... yes
checking for int timezone... yes
checking types of arguments for accept()... configure: error: could not
determine argument types

===============================

I won't pretend to be very knowledgable about HPUX or configure, but it
looks like the following in configure is where it dies:

===============================

else
for ac_cv_func_accept_arg1 in 'int' 'unsigned int'; do
for ac_cv_func_accept_arg2 in 'struct sockaddr *' 'const struct
sockaddr *' 'void *'; do
for ac_cv_func_accept_arg3 in 'int' 'size_t' 'socklen_t'
'unsigned int' 'void'; do
cat > conftest.$ac_ext <<EOF

=======================================

and here's what the HPUX man page says:

=======================================
accept(2)

NAME
accept - accept a connection on a socket

SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/socket.h>

AF_CCITT only
#include <x25/x25addrstr.h>

int accept(int s, void *addr, int *addrlen);

_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED only (UNIX 98)
int accept(int s, struct sockaddr *addr, socklen_t *addrlen);

so it looks like configure expects the third argument to be (int), when
on HPUX 11 the third argument is (int *).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

-- Joe