Rserv / Replication

From: muhamad soleh fajari <fajari(at)solocyber(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Rserv / Replication
Date: 2001-11-29 10:11:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,
I'm new in this milis.

I have few question for rserv replication, I hope one of you can help me
to solve my problem.
I was folow your documentation ( Howto ) in
http://techdocs.postgresql.org, but replication process not work

FYI. I'm using postgresql -7.1.2, and Redhat, master 's IP =
192.168.0.200, slave's IP = 192.168.0.6
These are step that I used :

1. Creat database on Master and slave
2. Initializing master database : ./MasterInit --host=localhost
masterdb ( I can not give command like /MasterInit masterdb )
* in this command, there are some optional comand that I could not
understand, for example that '--host'
what host that I must enter, master or slave host ? . there is
no documentation about it.
3. The same problem is with : ./SlaveInit --host=localhost slavedb ( is
that right ? ... localhost entry I mean )
4. And then I add table that I want to replicate ( ./MasterAddTable
masterdb table_name column_name and ./SlaveAddTable slavedb table_name
column_name )
5. And next command is ./Replicate master slave ( as documentation ),
but it's not work, so I use command ./Replicate master slave
--masterhost=localhost --slavehost=192.168.0.6
6. And in slave, I give command ./Replicate master slavedb
--masterhost=192.168.0.200 --slavehost=localhost

done, but not work :(

Is there any wrong step ?
or Anyone can give me information about more detail documentation ?

Thanks for your attention.