Call for platform testing

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
Subject: Call for platform testing
Date: 2001-11-28 05:01:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have not recorded successful tests for the following platforms (I've
included the names of folks who reported for the last release, in case
they are still able to test or want to hand it off to someone else):

AIX Gilles Darold
BeOS Cyril Velter
HPUX (have 10.20 from Tom; anyone tested 11.0 or higher?)
IRIX Robert Bruccoleri
Linux/arm Mark Knox
Linux/s390 Neale Ferguson
Linux/sparc Ryan Kirkpatrick
NetBSD/arm32 Patrick Welche
NetBSD/m68k Henry Hotz (not tested since 7.0; obsolete platform?)
NetBSD/PPC Henry Hotz
NetBSD/VAX Tom I. Helbekkmo
NetBSD/x86 Giles Lean
QNX (did I get a definitive report for 4.x already?)
SCO Unixware Larry Rosenman
Solaris/x86 Mathijs Brands
SunOS Tatsuo Ishii (old release; still relevant?)
Windows/Cygwin Jason Tishler
Windows/native Magnus Hagander (clients only)

The following platforms have been reported as successfully running
PostgreSQL 7.2:

BSD/OS Bruce
FreeBSD Chris Kings-Lynne
Linux/Alpha Tom
Linux/MIPS Hisao Shibuya
Linux/PPC Tom
Linux/x86 Thomas (and many others ;)
MacOS-X Tom
NetBSD/Alpha Thomas Thai
OpenBSD/sparc Brandon Palmer
OpenBSD/x86 Brandon Palmer
Solaris/sparc Andrew Sullivan
Tru64 Alessio Bragadini (anyone tested 5.0 or higher?)

Have I missed any success reports? Have I left out any platforms known
to be good or bad (or which *should* be reported)? Sorry if I've missed
anything; over time there is a lot flying around for which I'm not sure
the result (AIX and QNX come to mind for examples).

- Thomas