Re: ODBC changes

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC changes
Date: 2001-11-27 23:46:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > This is bad. There should be an md5.c reference in whatever
> > > build file you are using. If it isn't there, it is a bug.
> >
> > Sorry Bruce (& Hiroshi). I build the distributions using the VC++ IDE, not
> > the makefile - I didn't notice the addition of md5.c.
> >
> > On that note, isn't the fact that md5.h is only included if MD5_ODBC is
> > defined a bug seeing as md5.h is *where* it's defined? (if you see what I
> > mean!). I got it to compile by defining MD5_ODBC in the project settings but
> > that does add a couple of ugly warnings about macro redefinitions.
>
> I believe you are commenting about this in md5.h:
>
> #ifdef WIN32
> #define MD5_ODBC
> #define FRONTEND
> #endif
>
> Yes, not sure this makes sense anymore because Hiroshi added win_md5.c
> which defines those and then includes md5.c. Hiroshi, should this part
> be removed?

#define MD5_ODBC in md5.h is useless from the first
because md5.h isn't #included unless MD5_ODBC is #defined.
I don't know about FRONTEND. Usually I don't use win32.mak
to compile the driver. It seems Dave doesn't use it either.
The extra two -D(/D) compile options seem too heavy only
for md5.c, so I added win_md5.c to avoid my mistake. Note
that md5.c is used directly under *nixes.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue