Re: JDBC bug?

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Nate Gelbard <gelbardn(at)tripwire(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC bug?
Date: 2001-11-26 18:45:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Nate,

In general it seems that doing the toLowerCase is the correct behavior.
SQL is case insensitive, and in postgres this is acheived by
lowercasing all names (tablenames, columnnames, functionnames, etc). So
in general there is no difference between createdBy, createdby,
CreatedBy, CREATEDBY from a SQL perspective. However SQL also allows
mixed case identifiers if they are quoted. Thus "createdBy" will only
match "createdBy" and will not match createdBy without quotes (because
the latter if folded to lower case).

I am not sure exactly what your problem is. Can you provide some more
details given the explanation presented above?

thanks,
--Barry