"tried freeing null connection"

From: Graham Leggett <minfrin(at)sharp(dot)fm>
To: Postgresql JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: "tried freeing null connection"
Date: 2001-11-21 23:07:03
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all,

After switching out an old postgresql JDBC driver JAR for
jdbc7.1-1.2.jar, we are now encountering an exception in our code like
so:

"tried freeing null connection"

I am assuming that somewhere in our code, a connection is freed when it
shouldn't be - the old driver silently ignored this, but the new driver
is throwing an exception.

I would like to confirm whether this is in fact the case - was there a
change in 7.1 to make this more strict, or have I struck a different
bug?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin(at)sharp(dot)fm "There's a moon