Full text search

From: Jocelyn Callier <callier(at)vdl2(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Full text search
Date: 2001-11-13 20:26:48
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all.
I'm using Postgres 7.1 to store emails archives. I want to perform a
full text search in emails' contents. Emails' content can be quite big
(up to 15000 characters). I've already seen that Regex match function
'~' is way faster than the classical sql 'LIKE' function.

Is there another tip to make the search faster ? Something like
automatic indexation of words when insering the text ? Or, I don't know,
optimization stuff... ?

Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks.

Jocelyn Callier