Re: Bug in 7.1.3 and 7.2?

From: Grant Johnson <grant(at)amadensor(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: hs(at)cybertec(dot)at, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug in 7.1.3 and 7.2?
Date: 2001-11-09 17:11:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Ooh, ooh, pick me. I know what happened!!!!!!!

The actual table for a was selected. The alias for be was selected (d).
The where clause involved a and b, not a and d. Notice that it added
the missing from clauses? Well, since the where clause did not apply
(it applied only to a joining to b, but you selected a and d) it simply
joined every row in a to every row in d, just like it should have. You
can use this to create an alias to a table and then join it to itself.
If this behavoir was not like this, it would not allow this added
functionality.

Make sure that your tables selected from and your where clause match.