GSL (GNU Scientific library, numerical routines) interface as a contributed module: pg-GSL.0.0.0

From: "g(dot)p(dot)ciceri" <gp(dot)ciceri(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GSL (GNU Scientific library, numerical routines) interface as a contributed module: pg-GSL.0.0.0
Date: 2001-11-06 23:39:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,
I've just started to write an interface to some part (it's huge)
of GSL as C user written functions, in form of a contrib
module. It's only the first (very small :-)) release,
and since it's a rather big work, I'd like to know if
someone other is interested in helping me.

Following the FAQ (5.2) suggestion, I've attached
a .tgz file to be expanded into the contrib directory.
It compiles cleanly with my v7.1.3 on GNU/Linux (RH7.2).

My question: is this the right manner to contribute modules ???
So I can keep up posting to this list my updates (I've written
a couple of other modules, a libCurl interface and a nettle
(a crypto library) interface: I can post to the list them, too).

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks a lot
/gp

--
Discussion: How do you feel about Open Source firms making
millions through public offerings?

"I wish these companies were making the same millions without
distributing any non-free, user-subjugating software." --
Richard Stallman

"We're so forward that sometimes we reach ourself." --
g.p.

"It is amazing how much you can achieve when you don't have
to do the real work yourself." --
Joe Celko

Gian Paolo Ciceri Via B.Diotti 45 - 20153 Milano MI ITALY
CTO @ Louise mobile : ++39 347 4106213
: ++39 348 3658272
eMail : gp(dot)ciceri(at)acm(dot)org,
gp(dot)ciceri(at)computer(dot)org
: gp(dot)ciceri(at)louise(dot)it
webSite: http://www.louise.it
ICQ # : 94620118

Attachment Content-Type Size
gsl-0.0.0.tgz application/octet-stream 2.3 KB