Re: table permissions

From: Oleg Lebedev <olebedev(at)waterford(dot)org>
To: Aasmund Midttun Godal <postgresql(at)envisity(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: table permissions
Date: 2001-10-30 01:00:42
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have 3 users in the database: postgres, oleg, and boss. boss is the superuser and has permissions to modify both original and referenced table.
However, when I am logged in as boss, it won't let me modify the original ('set') table unless user oleg (!!!!) has update permissions on the
referenced table ('activity'). Now I understand that I didn't have this problem before, because I just recently created this superuser boss.

Another thing, I just noticed is that the tables I mentioned do not have permissions defined for user postgres. All the other tables in my database
do have those permissions set. Can this be the cause of the problem?
thanks,

Oleg