Re: RE- Compile 7.1.3 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.6a

From: Steve Burger <steve(at)customware(dot)aust(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RE- Compile 7.1.3 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.6a
Date: 2001-10-25 03:16:43
Lists: pgsql-ports

Just to recap I'm currently compiling with the following lines added to
Makefile.shlib

> ifeq ($(PORTNAME), sco)
> shlib := lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX).$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION).$(SO_MINOR_
> VERSION)
> LINK.shared = $(COMPILER) -G -Kpic -belf
> endif

postmaster and psql seem to work ok. but libpgtcl.so dies with the following

couldn't load file "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so": dynamic linker :
/usr/local/bin/bltwish : error opening libpq.so

Figuring this looks like a pathing issue so I

ln /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so /usr/lib

and the error changes to
couldn't load file "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so": dynamic linker:
/usr/local/bin/bltwish: relocation error: symbol not found: crypt

It would be great to get this working.

Regards Steve Burger