Pgpool Setup inquiry - Configuration concerns

From: "Burgess, Freddie" <FBurgess(at)Radiantblue(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Pgpool Setup inquiry - Configuration concerns
Date: 2014-04-24 20:08:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Environment: PostgreSQL 9.3.3 on RHEL 6.4

We have already configured streaming replication in our environment. We have a master/primary and two standby server configuration. Our next task requires us to configure and install pgpool.

we want to leverage the installer: installer-pg93-3.3.3.tar.gz

Will running this installer intuitively reason that replication is already configured and running on the three nodes and just perform the remaining required components of the setup?

thanks

Freddie