Re: jdbc download jar is corrupted

From: Ray Tomlinson <RTomlinson(at)bbn(dot)com>
To: Joe Shevland <J(dot)Shevland(at)eclipsegroup(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "'Barry Lind'" <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>, "'Ray Tomlinson'" <Tomlinson(at)bbn(dot)com>, "'pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: jdbc download jar is corrupted
Date: 2001-10-03 01:54:26
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Further investigation reveals that the web server at the download site
(jdbc.postgresql.org) is specifying a content-type of text/plain rather than
application/octet which is the usual mime-type for generic binary data.
Netscape is being too helpful and expanding all those mal-formed end-of-line
sequences into correctly formed ones.

A simple .htaccess line would fix the problem at the web server.

Ray