Re: [HACKERS] CVS changes

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] CVS changes
Date: 2001-10-01 18:54:52
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

> <li><a href="http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml">SGML docs
> updated every half-hour</a>

Ya know, if I'm required to wait 12 hours for *any* source code build to
be available to my CVSup'd repository, why should we slap in a bunch of
short circuits for the docs? And if this is a valuable thing to do, why
short circuit the docs building procedure I've already got on the main
machines by pointing the web site off to some other machine?

fwiw, one docs building procedure, either ~thomas's, or ~petere's new
one, or ~bruce's should be sufficient imho.

Since we all seem to be heading off in different directions, we should
talk about why that is necessary and try to get headed somewhere
productively imho.

- Thomas