Bind/Define and Bulk copy -> Which interface?

From: Kevin <TenToThe8th(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bind/Define and Bulk copy -> Which interface?
Date: 2001-09-24 21:00:06
Lists: pgsql-general

I want to port a program that makes extensive use of
Bind/Define Column semantics of ODBC/OCI, as well as bulk copy
operations. My problem is that the current ODBC driver doesn't support
bulk copy and libpq doesn't support Bind/Define. What should I be
using? Should one (or both) of these interfaces be extended to support
what they lack?

--Kevin