Re: cvsup trouble - ODBC blown away !?!?

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: otto(dot)hirr(at)olabinc(dot)com, thomas(at)pgsql(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cvsup trouble - ODBC blown away !?!?
Date: 2001-09-22 05:52:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > What about the server versioning issue? I see no mention of
> > REL_16_1p<anything> as being safe to use. Please confirm that this is in
> > fact the 16_1d or 16_1e release!!
> This is what is/was latest in ports after you mentioned the problem ...
> I'll check ports again over the next day or so to see if John has oploaded
> something even newer ....

Ack! That's the whole point! This is a critical bug fix for which John
Polstra has posted the required binaries, including for FreeBSD. If it
isn't the right version, we get time-corrupted CVS repositories. The URL
is http://people.freebsd.org/~jdp/s1g/ and for all I know that is the
only source of packages which contain the fixes. If it isn't the right
package, it doesn't fix the problem.

I'd really like this so that I can finish the date/time improvements for
the beta freeze.

- Thomas