Re: type casting troubles

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: type casting troubles
Date: 2001-09-20 05:20:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > #2 0x806cb34 in TupleDescInitEntry (desc=0x82d6304, attributeNumber=1,
> > attributeName=0x1f8 <Address 0x1f8 out of bounds>, oidtypeid=1184,
> > typmod=-1, attdim=0,
> > attisset=0 '\000') at tupdesc.c:365
> This appears to indicate that you have a Resdom node with an invalid
> resname field. Seems like that wouldn't be a datatype-specific issue
> at all. Have you changed the handling of cast() nodes?

Nothing changed afaik, though I *have* accumulated a few changes over
the last couple of months which I have not committed back to cvs. I'll
look at it, but can't think of why I'd be messing with TypeCast nodes at
all.

I'd have expected that all of the nodes would have references to
timestamp and timestamptz by the time I'm that far into the executor,
and they seem to be data types in good standing for other purposes at
least.

- Thomas