Re: Post Installation problem

From: Vijay Deval <deval(at)giaspn01(dot)vsnl(dot)net(dot)in>
To: dleeuw(at)made-it(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Aarni =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ruuhim=E4ki?=" <megative(at)iwn(dot)fi>
Subject: Re: Post Installation problem
Date: 2001-09-16 12:15:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

The addition to .profile was just by way of an example. It will be
necessary to locate the concerned libraries on your system and put them
there. It is also necessary to log out and log in again for all the
things to be effective. On my box , before starting installation I had
created a directory pgsql under /usr/local. owner:group was
postgres:postgres. During installation bin,data,doc,include,lib,man and
pgaccess got created under pgsql. I had opted for option --with-tcl.
That is why pgaccess got there automatically

so in my profile

LD_LIABRARY_PATH=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
EXPORT LD_LIABRARY_PATH.

Ownership is postgres:postgres right from level of pgsql.

I am sorry I typed LD_LIABRARY_PATH=/opt/postgres/bin. I mean lib, if it
is there.

From the messages it looks like some resources are not in the path or
are not exported.
inadequate permissions or wrong ownership of the vital directories also
could create these problems.

Vijay