INHERIT

From: Peter Harvey <pharvey(at)codebydesign(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: INHERIT
Date: 2001-09-09 15:08:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If I try to get the columns from pg_attribute using the oid of a child
table created with INHERIT I get its columns AND all of its inherited
columns.

How do I just get the columns added by the child table?

I figure I could check each column to see if they also exist in
pg_attribute under a parent table but I figure there must be an
easier/faster way? Another pg_* table perhaps? Besides; I am not certian
this would work if there is a common column between a child and one of
its parents (if that is even allowed)?

As usual, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

BTW: I checked pg_dump source and did not see an answer.

--