Re: pl/pgsql recursion/arrays (fwd)

From: Bo Lorentsen <bl(at)netgroup(dot)dk>
To: Jason Tan <jason(at)rebel(dot)rebel(dot)net(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pl/pgsql recursion/arrays (fwd)
Date: 2001-09-07 06:15:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

Jason Tan wrote:

> I have included a description of the problem I wanted to solve and the
> solution below, if you are interested in how I got around the problem
> without retunring an array.

Thank for taking your time to write this down, and this really do demonstrate that
the PostgreSQL are abel to make recursive function calls (as an opposite to
MS-SQL :-))

I too need to travel through a tree structure, but I need to accumulate a set of
integers as the result, and therefor need to append at the end of this set. I don't
know how to do this, but I will try to dive into some of the doc. and se if I can
find anything.

/BL