renaming a db

From: jik(at)foxinternet(dot)net
To: psql <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: renaming a db
Date: 2001-08-31 20:03:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have a feeling I can't do it, but is there a way to rename a dB?

I am doing major scheme alterations and recreating the DB from the data
origionally used as well as some data from the origional DB....I would
like to be able to just plug it in without having to alter the dbname in
all of the scripts that use it....I know I can dump the db, drop them
both and recreate...but renaming would be easier :P