How to allow other users create databases ?

From: Peter Moscatt <pmoscatt(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to allow other users create databases ?
Date: 2001-08-25 01:49:57
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have recently sucsessfully installed PostgreSQL onto my Linux system.
I installed it under the user name of 'postgres' and able to create
databases Ok.

But when logged in as my normall user account 'pmoscatt' then try to
create/manage databases I get an error message indicating that I don't
have the permission to do so and that I am not in the catalogue of users
to do so.

How can I fix this ?

Pete