installation problem

From: Hanbiao Wang <hbwang(at)CS(dot)UCLA(dot)EDU>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: installation problem
Date: 2001-08-22 18:01:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

I got a problem when I try to install postgresql 7.1.3 into a redhat
box. I dowloaded postgresql-7.1.3.tar.gz and expand it. Then I follow
installation instructions in file INSTALL. I try to install it under my
own home directory using the following configure command
./configure --prefix=/home/hbwang/pgsql
Everything works well until I execute the following command line
initdb -r /home/hbwang/pgsql/data -l /home/hbwang/pgsql/lib
It returns an error saying that
initdb does not find the file
'/home/hbwang/pgsql/lib/local1_template1.bki.source'
I searched directory /home/hbwang/pgsql/lib, there is no file called
local1_template1.bki.source
Is the installation instruction wrong? How to get around that problem? I
know little about installation of postgresql. Thanks a lot.

Henry