Re: Comparing fixed precision to floating

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Mike Finn <mike(dot)finn(at)tacticalExecutive(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Comparing fixed precision to floating
Date: 2001-08-22 10:47:12
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

FYI -- JDBC questions should go to the pgsql-jdbc mail list.

As for your problem, I think probably the easiest workaround is to
explicitly cast your constants. Assuming you are using
PreparedStatements, a statement of the following form should work:

select * from foo
where bar = ?::numeric

When the parameter is bound, the resulting statement sent to the server
will be:

select * from foo
where bar = 123.456::numeric

which should work correctly.