Re: An unfair comparision....

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tony Hoyt <gmtonyhoyt(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: An unfair comparision....
Date: 2001-08-09 14:48:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tony,

PostgreSQL is *very* stable. Individual backends can be killed off by
weird SQL queries that trigger a known bug (not very many, and always
being fixed), but that is very very rare, and nothing which 99.999% of
normal SQL queries will get even close to.

There are a few 3rd party replication products for Solaris. The most
developed one I'm aware of is PostgreSQL Replicator
(pgreplicator.sourceforge.net).

The speed issue is a matter of sizing the database & hardware correctly,
you'll probably want to speak to a Commercial Support company for this.

And for Solaris support, I'd also advise contacting one of the
Commercial Support companies :

PostgreSQL Inc.
www.pgsql.com

GreatBridge LLC
www.greatbridge.com

In Japan, then Software Research Associates :
osb.sra.co.jp

In Vienna, Cybertec Geschwinde &. Schvnig OEG
postgres.cybertec.at

Further details of commercial support can be found at the PostgreSQL
Commercial Support page :

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/commercial-support.html

Hope this is helpful.

Regards and best wishes,