FW: Converting clarion

From: Michael Weaver <mweaver(at)corpusglobe(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FW: Converting clarion
Date: 2003-01-31 02:19:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Weaver
Sent: Friday, 31 January 2003 10:16 AM
To: 'njunior(at)univates(dot)br'
Subject: RE: [SQL] Converting clarion

If you have access to the Clarion database tools then it's really a pretty
trivial task to export scripts to somthing more readable.

If you don't have access to any of the tools that created your database, eg.
you are coverting a client off a TPS based DB to a PostgreSQL DB, you've got
a problem.
TPS seems to be closly guarded file format. I have not been able to find any
publicly avalible information or utils to help. -( other than there is not
help. )

There are ODBC drivers for TPS files avalible
(http://www.softvelocity.com/products/pr_database_tsodbc.htm) They cost
somewhere in the order of $250USD

There are a couple of applications that can extract data from the TPS files
and export then as flatfiles, but these are quite hard to get hold of as
they are part of the Clarion tool set. - Clarion programmers are your
friends...

Still, the ODBC Driver is probably your best bet as it allows 'no-mess
no-fuss' dumping of your data directly into Postgres. ;)

Mike Weaver.