Re: rename a table

From: Kostis Mentzelos <mentzelos(at)ematic(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: rename a table
Date: 2001-06-24 21:21:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

In order to rename the table safely, I want to REVOKE INSERT on that
table.

But there is a problem because if there are users connected to
database then REVOKE command wait until they disconnect.
How can I found out who are connected to database? Can I kill them?

--

I found out that SERIAL type creating a unique index. (RTFM)
I also found out that using ALTER TABLE x RENAME TO y I can rename