Laughable attempt at an insult from the MySQL crowd...

From: Bryan Field-Elliot <bryan_lists(at)netmeme(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Laughable attempt at an insult from the MySQL crowd...
Date: 2001-06-23 19:36:53
Lists: pgsql-general

ZDNet article entitled "*Red Hat digs its own database plan* ":

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,5093171,00.html

Near the bottom:

NuSphere, which backs the MySQL software, is happy to have Red Hat using
the Postgres alternative. "I would hate to see a more credible database
offering come in against us," said NuShere president Lorne Cooper. But,
he acknowledged, "We're worried about it from a marketing standpoint."

I've been using PostgreSQL for almost two years and I can think of no
MORE credible a database to go against MySQL.

Great job, PostgreSQL guys!

Bryan