Re: Re: MSACCESS & Apostrophe in Column Name

From: Bob Woodside <proteus(at)pcnet(dot)com>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: MSACCESS & Apostrophe in Column Name
Date: 2001-06-18 02:08:09
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> Bob Woodside wrote:
> >
> > If we issue a query with an odd number of these references, the
> > back end receives something like this:
> >
> > > 'SELECT "ID","Month called or rec'd form","FullName" FROM
> "GHI-practice2"
> > > WHERE "ID" = ? OR "ID" = ? OR "ID" = ? OR "ID" = ? OR "ID" = ? OR "ID"
> = ?
> > > OR "ID" = ? OR "ID" = ? OR "ID" = ? OR "ID" = ?'
> >

> Psqlodbc driver has been unaware of double-quotes(") .
> Probably it's the cause.
> Recently I changed the driver to check double-quotes.
> Could you try the CVS snapshot ?

That's definitely the cause, and thanks for your suggestion. However,
it was more convenient for my immediate needs just to take a quick look
at the source from the 7.1.2 tarball and hack in a little double-quote
patch to the in_quote stuff.

If I have a little time during the coming week, I'll set up a CVS tree
and take a look at your latest version. I'm sure it's better than my
hasty patch - e.g., I know that mine won't catch anything fancy like an
escaped quote within a quote (you *did* check for that, right?)

Cheers,
Bob