Re: Service reboot leaves postmaster.pid

From: Rolf Rolfs <rolf(at)familie-rolfs(dot)de>
To: "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Service reboot leaves postmaster.pid
Date: 2001-06-15 16:09:22
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello,

> I'm running the postmaster as a service using cygrunsrv and this
> seems to go fine apart from when I reboot it doesn't seem to remove the
> postmaster.pid file, meaning it fails to start automatically after reboot.
> Stoping and starting the service manually work fine. Anyone else had this
> problem or any pointers where to look (don't know much about NT services).

I have the same problem using Windows 2000, but I have the impression
that no signal will be sent to the postmaster on reboot or shutdown.

When I am stopping the service manually with 'net stop ...', a shutdown
message will be written.

Does Windows 2000 stops all services explicitely or will the processes
be stopped only?

Rolf Rolfs
Hölderlinweg 8/2 mailto:rolf(at)familie-rolfs(dot)de
71729 Erdmannhausen Tel.: +49 7144 331415