Re: Patch for jdbc ResultSet.getTimestamp()

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for jdbc ResultSet.getTimestamp()
Date: 2001-05-17 04:09:32
Lists: pgsql-patches

> I can not backpatch this to 7.1.X because we are only adding major bug
> fixes into that release.

Why is that? afaik any bug fix is a candidate for the stable tree, as
long as someone is willing to take responsibility for its level of risk
and appropriateness. Something which fixes a clearly incorrect behavior
would seem appropriate, especially if it is as concise and specific as
is the case for this patch.

Would you like someone else to vet the patch before we apply it? Or
better yet have someone else who is compiling and using JDBC do so with
this applied?

Volunteers?

- Thomas