C++ interface on RH Linux 6.2

From: Carlos Moreno <moreno(at)mochima(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: C++ interface on RH Linux 6.2
Date: 2001-05-15 03:10:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I'm compiling my applications on a RedHat 7.0 or 7.1 system,
and had no trouble so far. I include in my program the
following:

#include <pgsql/libpq++.h>

And then, when compiling, I use the switches:

-I/usr/include/pgsql and -lpq++

Works fine. But one of my students is trying to work on
his machine at home (he has RH6.2), and is running into
a couple of problems. libpq++.h -- include file not found.
I checked it, and the file was called libpq++.H

When changing the include and compiling with the same
switches, it did compile, but then when executing it, he
got an error: can not load runtime library *****.so***
(don't have the exact message here, but I remember it
was about not being able to load the *.so* runtime lib)

I assume the default setup on RH6.2 is different than the
new default setup on RH7+. What should I (he) do? Is
there any documentation where I could find instructions
for the various standard setups?

Thanks!

Carlos