Re: Looking for good reference materials for SQL programming.

From: "Peter J(dot) Schoenster" <peter(at)schoenster(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Looking for good reference materials for SQL programming.
Date: 2001-05-10 17:23:42
Lists: pgsql-novice

Someone else wrote:
> There is a /very/ good book, whose exact name escapes me at the
> moment, but you should be able to find it on Amazon if you perform a
> search for 'SQL' and 'Practical'.

That is probably Practical SQL :) ... worth a read but unless I missed
something I didn't see where it helped with design (does help with SQL
though).

I would recommned Greenspun. Any of his books plus whatever his
websites are now will help:

http://www.arsdigita.com/asj/

http://www.arsdigita.com/asj/data-warehousing

> Data Warehousing for Cavemen, a guide to how large organizations use
> database management software

> Philip and Alex's Guide to Web Publishing

http://www.arsdigita.com/books/panda/index.html

Peter
All idioms must be learned.
Good idioms only need to be learned once.
--Alan Cooper