COPY locking

From: John Coers <coers(at)intrinsity(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: COPY locking
Date: 2001-05-09 21:56:25
Lists: pgsql-general

What mode of locking is associated with a COPY to the database?

Is it a RowExclusiveLock and since it is brand new data, there should
be no conflicts?

I am trying to figure out what is slowing down multiple concurrent COPY
commands to my database and all I see is lots of semops. CPU usage,
disk access, etc. are not pegged, so what else is could be slowing me down?

--
John Coers Intrinsity, Inc.
coers(at)intrinsity(dot)com Austin, Texas