Re: JDBC Download.

From: Mark Rosa <rosa(at)etekt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "'pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JDBC Download.
Date: 2001-05-09 13:55:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

hi bruce,

i'd be happy to generate the jar-files (at least for jdbc1, maybe also
jdbc2), providing that you (or somebody else) include all the patches
and provide me with the files to just hit compile it.

i don't know my way around makefiles and ant (or xml in this case) to do
any error handling. sorry.

ciao,
mark

> same with me.
>> > i would really love to get my hands on a precompiled jar file for 7.1,
>> both for jdbc2 and jdbc1 (especially for that one, after all the
>> problems that exist with it).
>> > this would save a lot of discussion on the mailing list if someone
>> capable of it could incorporate all the patches mentioned by bruce and
>> others and generate the jar file for 7.1/jdbc1 .
>> > if it is for the lack of hardware, i am happy to provide an account on a
>> red hat linux 7.0.9 and/or irix 6.5 machine for the task.
>> unfortunately i am not capable enough to incorporate the patches myself.
>> sorry.
>
> The bigger issue is that I have tons of JDBC patches sitting in:
>
> http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgpatches These were on hold while we released 7.1.X. Now that we are on 7.2,
> they are ready to be applied, and could generate a really nice jar file.
>
> Peter said he will look over them today. Once they are applied, a new
> JAR should be generated for testing. Peter usually does that, but his
> development machine is sometimes down. Maybe someone else could
> generate it.

Mark Rosa - Dipl. Arch. ETH
Etekt Inc. co-create your home
phone: ++41-1-4462-406 www: http://www.etekt.com
mobile: ++41-76-390 06 37 fax: ++49-89-244 35 64 08
email: rosa(at)etekt(dot)com www: http://www.yourcell.net/rosa

or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confi-
dential and/or privileged material. Any review, retrans-
mission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.