core and temp files

From: "Tom(dot)Bakken" <Tom(dot)Bakken(at)tx(dot)usda(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: core and temp files
Date: 2001-05-07 16:02:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I've got a sudden hard disk space problem that appears to be related to
core and pg_sorttemp2761.2 like files in the base/database directory.
Can these be deleted with no ill effects? I removed one core file
higher in the directory structure with no ill effects.

What's causing this? I could set up an automatic deletion program if
necessary.

--
Tom Bakken
Information Resource Manager

Phone: 254-742-9726 Fax: 254-742-9709
Email: tom(dot)bakken(at)tx(dot)usda(dot)gov