Restoring a pg_dump fails with

From: Reiner Dassing <dassing(at)wettzell(dot)ifag(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Restoring a pg_dump fails with
Date: 2001-04-26 15:35:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello!

By upgrading von PostgreSQL 6.5.3 to 7.1.0 I restored a dump file by
psql dbname <dbname.dump

After some time I get the following message:
ERROR: copy: line 1638280, Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc(56)
PQendcopy: resetting connection

The total number of lines is about 10 Millions!

Can anybody help me or explain what to do?
May be, I have to convert to INSERT-statements?

I also had a look to the dump via the editor "vi":
I do not see anything strange on that line.

Is there a limitation of COPY statements?
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With best regards
Reiner Dassing