Re: installing DBD::Pg without installing postgres

From: Fran Fabrizio <ffabrizio(at)Exchange(dot)WebMD(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: installing DBD::Pg without installing postgres
Date: 2001-04-24 14:48:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Michelle & John> Yes, that's exactly what I am trying to accomplish. I am
setting up a network monitoring application for our support personnel, and
I have multiple people all examining data that gets reported to a central
database. So I didn't relish the idea of installing postgres on all of the
support personnel workstations.

Jeff> Thanks for the tip about DBI::Proxy. That seems to be the missing link,
as I've also run into this problem with MySQL in addition to Postgres.
MySQL does have a libs-only rpm that you can use for installing the
MySQL DBD without having MySQL locally, but DBI::Proxy may be an even cleaner
solution.

Thanks everyone for the dialogue, it has been very useful!

-Fran