Re: ODBC on cygwin/NT Postgres 7.1

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: lbottorff(at)harveycounty(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC on cygwin/NT Postgres 7.1
Date: 2001-04-23 23:54:13
Lists: pgsql-odbc

lbottorff(at)harveycounty(dot)com wrote:

> How does one set up ODBC on a cygwin/NT/Postgres 7.1 installation? I already had
> a psqlodbc.dll from the last install (7.0.3). Do I need to recompile a new one
> with VC++?

You could download the binary from ftp sites.
Go to http://www.postgresql.org/ and select a FTP mirror.
You would find the latest driver
odbc/versions/psqlodbc-07_01_0004.zip.

> Do I need to recompile postgres with --with-odbc?

No. The driver made with --with-odbc doesn't work with
M$ ODBC driver manager. It is designed to work with
iODBC driver manager. I don't know if iODBC works under
Windows. Even though iODBC works, few(no ?) applications
know iODBC under Windows.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue