Re: Error compiling 7.1 on Caldera OpenLinux

From: Bruce MacKay <bmackay(at)calderasystems(dot)com>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, jerry(at)calderasystems(dot)com, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error compiling 7.1 on Caldera OpenLinux
Date: 2001-04-23 16:08:59
Lists: pgsql-ports

Thanks guys!

Seems you've hit the problem right on the head. I did a find for zlib.h and
found two different versions of the file on my system.

The copy in /usr/include did not have z_streamp defined. The copy in
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/drivers/net did have a definition. I backed up the
original file in /usr/incl, copied the file from the Linux source directory
to /usr/include and was able to compile PostgreSQL 7.1 without incident.
I've included the two files for your perusal.

Bruce MacKay
Caldera OpenLearning

Attachment Content-Type Size
zlib.h.bak text/plain 35.4 KB