Re: Now for the VARDATA, VARSIZE, and VARHDRSZ stuff

From: Brendan Guenther <guenthe8(at)msu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Now for the VARDATA, VARSIZE, and VARHDRSZ stuff
Date: 2001-04-20 11:11:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-sql

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> The best things might be not to mess with this but call textin() and
> textout() to convert your data to C strings.

I can't seem to find documentation for textin() and textout() can somebody point
me in the right direction for this or provide an example. I'm having similar
problems that Lonnie is having with VARDATA and I think this might help. I'm
trying to link in a C function that makes use of OpenSSL's libcrypto functions.

Basically I just need to hash and verify passwords in the database, so as an
alternate question, if I'm missing something and there is a better way to do
password storage let me know.

Thanks,
--
Brendan Guenther