three VERY minor things with 7.1 final

From: David George <david(at)onyxsoft(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: three VERY minor things with 7.1 final
Date: 2001-04-17 22:18:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

I want to thank you for the excellent and fast responses I have received
in the past. Especially while troubleshooting the sfio problem. These
problems are VERY minor and easily worked around. Part of the reason I
am posting them is just in case someone else runs across the same
things. I am running Sparc Solaris 7, GCC 2.95.3. Configure line was:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-perl --enable-odbc
--enable-syslog.

I just built the postgresql 7.1 final and the configure script is still
checking for sfio. Not a major big deal, but I need to remove the sfio
check from configure.in, run autoconf, and then configure to fix it. If
you remember sfio on Sparc Solaris 7 was causing a segfault when psql
would display its output.

Also, when I create a table and actually name the primary key using the
following:
create table fcos (
"FeatureNumber" integer NOT NULL,
"FeatureName" varchar(32),
"Feature1" integer DEFAULT 0,
CONSTRAINT "PK_fcos" PRIMARY KEY ("FeatureNumber")
);
I get the following:
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'PK_fcos'
for table 'fcos'
This is really a nit-pick but I am explicitly naming it so why should I
get a notice about it?

Also, during make install I am getting "lack of permissions" when it
tries to install Perl. I have Perl 5.6.0 on this machine built from
source. It tells me to fix the problem and go into src/interfaces/perl5
and do a make install. Without fixing any problem I just go into
src/interfaces/perl5 and do a make install and it works without
returning any errors. BTW, I am doing the make install as root and all
of the directory (both source and destination) have reasonable
priviledges.