Re: Success: PostgreSQL 7.1 on MacOS X (Darwin 1.3)

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: dieter(at)fiebelkorn(dot)net, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, al(at)humantouch(dot)de
Subject: Re: Success: PostgreSQL 7.1 on MacOS X (Darwin 1.3)
Date: 2001-04-16 13:14:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Dieter,

Yes, definitely interested.

What I will do is forward your email to the guys in the PostgreSQL
mailing lists, as it's those guys who would probably make a mirror or
your packages for everyone to use if they like it.

The other thing I can do is make a link to your packages from the
techdocs.postgresql.org website, and I'll also ask you for some
assistance.

Alexander Lohse <al(at)humantouch(dot)de> has put together his notes on
installing PostgreSQL on MacOS X at
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/installguides.html#macosx
If you can work with him on suggestions for expanding, improving, and
updating those notes, that will be a really great contribution.

Thanks heaps for your time and effort Dieter.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

dieter(at)fiebelkorn(dot)net wrote:

> Dear,
>
> i have sucessfully configure, compile, check (make check), install, create database and dbuser without any problems on MacOS X 10.0.1 (Darwin 1.3). Simple tests on a database was successfully, too!
> Also, i have made PHP4.04pl1 (with own made patches for work-around Darwins "mktime()"; see PHP-bugtraq 8828) as a loadable file for apache. It will tested together at the next few days!
>
> I have made a MacOSX like Package file ("Postgresql.pkg") to easy install postgres on MacOSX at "/usr/local/pgsql" (there will install a short README how to continue the installation; create "postgres" user, initdb, ...).
>
> Do you interest in this package?
> http://home.t-online.de/home/dieter.fiebelkorn/postgresql/Postgresql.pkg.tgz
>
> PHP4 with mktime()-patch, MySQL, PostgreSQL, OpenBase:
> http://home.t-online.de/home/dieter.fiebelkorn/postgresql/libphp4.pkg.tgz
>
> Ciao
> Dieter

- Indira Gandhi