Re: Fast Forward (fwd)

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fast Forward (fwd)
Date: 2001-04-16 02:15:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Not that it shouldn't be fixed. I just don't get worked up over it.

Well, in a way I regret bringing it to the attention of the community --
just in a small way.

But at the same time I realized that I was not the right one at that
time to craft a reply -- after all, I'm a Baptist preacher. And we tend
towards the 'getting worked up' side of things. So I've learned that
there are times I shouldn't post at all. Although, that's been a long
hard learning experience, one that I am still, to use my wife's
charitable words, 'gaining mastery of.'

It should be fixed. But community members need a levelheaded response
to a likely honest omission of facts. I may very well do so, tomorrow.
One of the worst facets of the Linux community, for example, is its
often predatoryform of 'advocacy' -- this group is more civil than that,
IMHO.

She likely is off for the weekend, and hasn't read any responses yet.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio