Bug in send()

From: Dennis Fleurbaaij <dennis(at)core-lan(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug in send()
Date: 2001-04-14 18:29:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi i'm developing a searchengine which uses PostgreSQL (duh:)

I've fond erronuos behavour when I send a SIGTERM to my application when
then query is in progress.. The send() loop will go out of control in an
endless loop and that is clearly wrong.

I'm not going into the source unless you say that's a good idea and send you
some working code but you probably have a better oversight into the code and
can make some more logical code then I can...

This is the log;

<SNIP>

FATAL: pq_endmessage failed errno=32
pq_flush: send() failed broken pipe

</SNIP>

This is IHMO an example of trying to do it right but forgetting how dumb
users are. You obviously catch the SIGPIPE but then gerget to check the
errno. It's a quick fix no doubt.

Load goed to 100% btw.

In anycase let me know what happens,

Cheers,